- The blowing rake, equipped with high performance nozzles, remains in the flue-gas path
- During the blowing process the blowing rake continues to move axially into the flue-gas path
- On reaching the prescribed travel, the direction of movement changes and the blowing rake returns to its rest position
The Rake Sootblower is designed for the cleaning of finned heating surfaces, economisers, rotating basket type air heaters, as well as Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems at flue-gas temperatures < 500° C (upper limit may vary based on type of application), using high performance nozzles for maximum conversion of steam pressure to jet velocity, thus enabling high cleaning efficiency.
A specially configured axially moving rake designed with special venturi nozzles, enable the high velocity jet to effectively re-entrain solid particulate as well as reduce pressure loss across the catalyst/finned heating surfaces. Also suitable for hazardous area conditions.
- Cleaning Medium: Steam, Air
- General Application Areas: Economiser, Air Preheater, Gas-Gas Heater, Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- Travel Range: 0.3 m – 5.5 m
- Key Industries: Power Generation, Waste-to-Energy, Biomass, Oil & Gas, Other Industrial Processes
- Poppet valve with adjustable throttle disc for easy setting of the blowing pressure
- Stainless-steel feed tube, polished to minimise leakage at stuffing box connection with lance tube assembly
- Temperature and corrosion-resistant rake elements with high performance nozzles
- Compact single-rack track beam with standard top covering
- Integrated gear motor for axial movement
- Travel monitoring by two limit switches. Third limit switch for “Go-Stop-Go” mode (optional).
- Wall box with sealing elements corresponding to boiler pressure mode
- Sealing and scavenging air piping with dedicated fan (optional)
- Add-ons: SMART Set for external adjustment of throttle disc / Self-adjusting stuffing box packing
- Increased plant availability due to reliable cleaning, resulting in efficient plant operation
- Prevents fouling and blockages at targeted cleaning areas
- Increases boiler efficiency
- Reliable and simple to maintain
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN…
Spare parts & service
Our services, knowledge and experience are utilised to provide optimal support and are tailored specifically to individual customer requirements. From spare parts to surveys, maintenance and training – we cover your needs.